Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pan Seared Salmon

OK... Quick blog time.

We had Maggies dad and sister over this time so i ended up not taking a lot of photos and hurrying myself a bit.

Also, decided to cook a fish dish for the first time in my life.
Since i dont eat fish or seafood its just kind of a random, "im out of time" decision based on how good the dish sounded when reading reviews online.

So with that in mind...

Pan Seared Salmon Filets with Dill Cream Sauce

First time cooking,preparing fish so i just kind of went with what i found online for preparation/execution. Everyone said they loved it and most had seconds. I even liked the taste, the cream sauce was fantastic, and went with the salmon flavor really well.

I served this with Cauliflour, Parsnip Puree, Pan Flashed Asparugus, and fresh Strawberry Shortcake for desert.

The Cauliflour/Parsnip puree was awesome (if i do say so myself) tasted like seasoned mashed potatoes and everyone seemed to clean their plate. (I had 3 helpings).

I also served some pan flashed asparagus tips that were simply seasoned with salt/pepper and lemon juice. They came out looking a little sad, but surprisingly tasted pretty good!


Desert consisted of a fresh strawberry shortcake i kind of made up on the spot, the cake i bought (hangs head in shame) but i sliced fresh berries, made up a strawberry compote with grand marnier to serve warm over the cold sliced berries, and made fresh whipped cream to top the whole thing. came out great, tasted fresh and light and not overly sweet (which is easy to do with this desert)

All in all, I think it was pretty tasty, probably not the best presentation, but for a rookie meal who really doesn't know fish or the profiles to shoot for with it. it felt like a success, Maggie said she loved it and she is a fish eater, so that made me feel great.

til next time...

Brian

3 comments:

  1. Salmon was damn good. The dill sauce went really well. I liked the flavor of the cauliflower puree... and I hate cauliflower. If I were to nitpick, I'd say that it could have been a bit thicker. Strawberry shortcake was very tasty.

    Next time, make your own bread. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a second helping!All the flavors went well together...I liked the salmon with the skin on and the dill sauce was great!. A very light tasting dinner with mello flavors but fills you up... Wonderful!I enjoyed a lot...Everthing was delicious! Thanks again B-monster...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salmon was outstanding. Cooked very well. Sauce was good and topped salmon off nicely. Aspargus was simply and tasty which went well with the dill sauce on the salmon. Not too many flavors competing with each other. I love califlower puree but did not care for pairing it with the salmon. Strawberry shortcake was delish ... excellent meal.

    ReplyDelete