Monday, May 2, 2011

Slider...Slider...Slider

For dinner this week I made 3 different types of sliders with recipes I found at Foodnetwork.com. The first was a simple ground chuck seasoned with salt and pepper. Then I added cheddar cheese, red onions, pickles, and chipolte sauce.


Next, I made a pulled chicken slider topped with cabbage.


Finally, a seafood slider made from chopped sea scallops and seasoning and bread crumbs. I made homemade bread with a very simple recipe and served the sliders with a simple green salad with oil and vinegar.


The sliders turned out ok. The chipolte sauce made the ground chuck way too hot. The seafood slider was my least favorite. It just did not have the flavor I was hoping for. The chicken was my favorite. I liked it a lot with the cabbage. Both were seasoned just right.



For an appetizer I made potato bites with sour cream and bacon. What a pain. The were good just not worth the trouble.

And finally dessert was blueberry turnovers sprinkled with sugar. I deep fried them and that was tricky. They did turn out very good though.

Another ok meal. I still haven't created a masterpiece yet.

3 comments:

  1. On the sliders, I preferred the sea food. Flavor was nice and the sauce that went with it was very good. The chipotle slider was tasty, but the flavor overpowered everything else. Of the three, I liked the chicken the least. Just didn't care for the sweetness of it. Green salad was good. Potato bites were tasty, but seemed like a lot of effort for what they were. Turnovers were a nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Liked the Chicken Slider the best, NOM NOM NOM!
    Cheeseburger was good, but yah...the chipotle was a bit on the strong side!

    Not being a seafood fan, i thought the seafood one was ok...

    tasty salad as usual, and the little appetizer things were good, but a lil greasy.

    Turnover was delish! wish i had taken a picture!

    Thanks for a good meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops...signed in from work account...above comment is mine!

    ReplyDelete